An LMSW is a person with a Master’s in Social Work who has a license to practice under supervision. Once they have completed their years of supervision and passed a clinical exam, they become an LCSW – Licensed Clinical Social Worker.

An APC is a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor and an LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor. Both have earned a Master’s Degree in Counseling from an accredited graduate program. After earning the Master’s Degree, applicants pass an exam to become an APC, and then have extensive supervised experience to become an LPC. Continuing education is required yearly to maintain licensure.

An RPT is a Registered Play Therapist. RPT’s are mental health professionals who have completed extensive additional training and supervision in play therapy.

An RPT/S is a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, which involves additional experience and training to supervise play therapists.

An NCC is a National Certified Counselor. NCC’s have a master’s degree in counseling, and have met requirements for coursework, supervision, and clinical practice hours.

An CPCS is a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor – an LPC with additional training in counselor supervision.

An LAMFT is a Licensed Associate Marriage Family Therapist

An LAPC is a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor

A MMFC is a Therapist with a Masters of Marriage and Family Counseling